Search for content.
Featured Article on FCC: ‘Prime Example of Institutional Corruption’
© SkyVision Solutions and
Smart Grid Awareness
[https://smartgridawareness.org/], 2013 – 2023.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of material from this site without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to SkyVision Solutions and Smart Grid Awareness with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
“Smart” Meter Wireless Radiation Comparison Chart
- Update on Smart Meter Refusals for ComEd Customers
- Naperville to Implement “Smart” Water Meters in 2021
- The Dangers of 5G to Children’s Health
- Hacking a Smart Meter and Killing the Grid
- Recent Court Ruling on Smart Meter Privacy Invasions Was Based on False Premise of “Benefits”
- Security Risks and Technology Obsolescence Reduce Smart Meter Expected Lifetimes
- Smart Meter Data Collection is a “Search,” but Court Allows Anyway
- Federal Court Rules against Consumers on Smart Meters and Privacy Rights
- Nicor Gas Begins Deployment of Smart Meter Radio Modules in Northern Illinois
Smart Meter Remote Disconnect: An Unnecessary Cyber Risk
- AAEM Call for Moratorium on Smart Meter Installations
- AAEM Medical Recommendations
- AAEM Position on Wireless RF in Schools
- AAEM Position Paper on RF Fields
- American Academy of Pediatrics Letter on RF Exposure Limits
- BioInitiative 2012 Report
- CRS Report on Smart Meter Data: Privacy and Cybersecurity (2012)
- GAO Report for Telecommunications (2012)
- GAO Report on Smart Grid Cybersecurity (2011)
- Getting Smarter About the Smart Grid
- Health Impact Assessment of the ComEd Smart Meter Deployment
- IARC Declaration for RF Fields as Possibly Carcinogenic
- NISTIR 7628, Revision 1, September 2014 (3 volumes)
- NISTIR 7628, Volume 2, Privacy, August 2010
- Procrustean Approach to Setting RF Exposure Standards
- Recommended External Link: Smart Meters, Fake News and the IoT
- Smart Metering & Privacy: Existing Law and Competing Policies (2009)
- Smart Meters: Correcting the Gross Misinformation
‘Data and Goliath’ and Privacy
Monthly Archives: August 2013
Smart Meter Safety Concerns — Risk of Fire!
In the area of privacy, data security, and health concerns, there is considerable scientific literature, government documents, expert testimony, etc., to substantiate that there are increased risks associated with smart meters as compared with analog electrical usage meters. For the … Continue reading
Posted in Smart Grid, Smart Meters, and RF Emissions Tagged CPSC, Fire, Safety Concerns, Smart Meters 2 Comments
CFLs, Smart Appliances, and Even Occupancy Sensors Are Good for You? … At What Cost?
On August 23, 2013, President Obama made some comments that mocked people who are not convinced of the wisdom of using energy-efficient bulbs and smart appliances. What the President fails to realize is that it is not a matter of … Continue reading
The “Smart” Grid Is Not Smart, Safe, or Green
“The smart grid is increasingly understood as an over-engineered, ill-advised, financial boondoggle at taxpayer expense, capable of endangering the security of the entire national grid, violating constitutional privacy protections, and endangering public health. In addition, the smart grid/metering has not … Continue reading
Posted in Smart Grid, Smart Meters, and RF Emissions Tagged Cyber Security, Health Effects, Privacy, Smart Grid, Smart Meters 1 Comment
Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Bias: “Nothing to See Here!”
Comments were due September 3, 2013, for those individuals and organizations desiring to comment on the FCC’s “Notice of Inquiry” to assess its current radiofrequency (RF) exposure guidelines.
Posted in Smart Grid, Smart Meters, and RF Emissions Tagged FCC, Health Effects, RF Emissions Leave a comment
Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity Is Real
Frank Clegg is the CEO of Canadians for Safe Technology (C4ST, formerly Citizens for Safe Technology), and the former president of Microsoft Canada. Mr. Clegg recently wrote a reply to an article in the Huffington Post that dismissed claims that Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity (EHS) … Continue reading
Posted in Smart Grid, Smart Meters, and RF Emissions Tagged C4ST, EHS, Health Effects Leave a comment
Doctor Forecasts Possible EHS Disaster of the 21st century
Oklahoma City NewsChannel 4 traveled to Dallas, Texas, to speak with Dr. William Rea, one of the foremost experts in the country for Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity (EHS). “I think it’s the coming disaster of the 21st century,” Dr. Rea says.
Posted in Smart Grid, Smart Meters, and RF Emissions Tagged Dr. Rea, EHS, Smart Meters 1 Comment
Replication of Heart Rate Provocation Study for Cordless Phones
Update: IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Journal that published the research highlighted in this blog article has RETRACTED the article from all print and electronic editions. Upon review, an institutional review board approval for the research on which the article is based was found … Continue reading
An Indicator for the “Agenda” Behind Agenda 21 and Sustainability
In writing an effective website posting, it is sometimes important to find a nugget of information that can simply drive home a point for a broader theme. In reviewing a 150 page United Nations document published this past February 2013, … Continue reading