Search for content.
Featured Article on FCC: ‘Prime Example of Institutional Corruption’
© SkyVision Solutions and
Smart Grid Awareness
[https://smartgridawareness.org/], 2013 – 2022.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of material from this site without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to SkyVision Solutions and Smart Grid Awareness with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
“Smart” Meter Wireless Radiation Comparison Chart
- Update on Smart Meter Refusals for ComEd Customers
- Naperville to Implement “Smart” Water Meters in 2021
- The Dangers of 5G to Children’s Health
- Hacking a Smart Meter and Killing the Grid
- Recent Court Ruling on Smart Meter Privacy Invasions Was Based on False Premise of “Benefits”
- Security Risks and Technology Obsolescence Reduce Smart Meter Expected Lifetimes
- Smart Meter Data Collection is a “Search,” but Court Allows Anyway
- Federal Court Rules against Consumers on Smart Meters and Privacy Rights
- Nicor Gas Begins Deployment of Smart Meter Radio Modules in Northern Illinois
Smart Meter Remote Disconnect: An Unnecessary Cyber Risk
‘Data and Goliath’ and Privacy
Tag Archives: Smart Water Meters
by K.T. Weaver, SkyVision Solutions Naperville, IL – The City of Naperville has announced final plans to install wireless transmitters for the City’s 43,500 water meters. The City has named the initiative as “the Water 2.0 project.” The City has … Continue reading
by K.T. Weaver, SkyVision Solutions In June it was reported based upon a Chicago Tribune investigation that a Chicago Suburb Claims Smart Water Meters Don’t Overcharge. “They Misrecord.” The Tribune has continued to investigate this issue and has found problems with … Continue reading
An extensive investigative report was published this week by the Chicago Tribune dealing with so-called ‘smart’ water meters. The report deals primarily with accuracy and billing problems for the Chicago suburb of Tinley Park but also raises concerns as other … Continue reading
Most of the focus in the media has been on smart electric meters and the many risks that these devices pose for customers and their families. Another risk relates to privacy invasions associated with smart water meters. A growing number … Continue reading
NAPERVILLE, IL — City of Naperville documents indicate that the Department of Public Utilities for Water and Wastewater is reviewing options for implementation of a city-wide deployment of smart water meters. In a memorandum dated October 4, 2013, the Director … Continue reading