The Maryland Smart Meter Awareness (MSMA) group has published an eye-catching poster intended to highlight the Orwellian nature of how smart meters have been deployed and declared “safe.”
Nineteen Eighty-Four, sometimes titled simply as 1984, is a novel written by George Orwell and published in 1949. Prominent in the book are the official slogans of “the Party”:
War is Peace;
Freedom is Slavery;
Ignorance is Strength.
These words are inscribed in massive letters on the white pyramid of the Ministry of Truth. This creed serves as an introduction to the idea of doublethink. By weakening the independence and strength of individuals’ minds and forcing them to live in a constant state of propaganda, the Party is able to force its subjects to accept anything it decrees, even if it is entirely illogical.
As well as administering “truth,” the Ministry spreads a new language among the populace called Newspeak, in which, for example, “truth” is understood to mean statements like 2 + 2 = 5 when the situation warrants.
On the subject of smart meters, one might expect that the Ministry of Truth in an Orwellian world would simply issue a decree that “Utility Smart Meters Are Safe.”
Below is the MSMA newly published poster, “a 1984-inspired PSA regarding utility wireless ‘smart’ meters,” also available at:
So yes, it does seem entirely likely that the smart grid industry and its advocates engage in a constant state of propaganda regarding so-called “smart” meters which are not smart, safe or green.
Smart grid advocates talk about hypothetical benefits of smart meters such as “empowering” consumers when actually the “smart” meters are intended to the change of behavior of consumers making them more accepting of time-of-use rates and so that the utility can reduce costs and overhead. Smart grid advocates never talk about all the significant risks associated with smart metering technology and appear to simply ignore them.
As a take-off on the MSMA poster, SkyVision Solutions has prepared a short video to complement the poster:
For alternative information on smart meters (not approved by the Ministry of Truth), refer to the following links:
- Smart Meters Have Failed and Were a Dumb Investment
- Smart Meter Rollout a Waste of Money Says New Study
- The “Smart” Grid Is Not Smart, Safe, or Green
- Major U.S. Utility Says “No Rational Basis” for Mandating Smart Meters
- Nine Reasons Why Today’s Smart Meter Systems Are a [Big] Mistake
- The Smart Meter Canard
- Smart Meter Privacy Invasion ALERT
- Utilities Can Monitor Home Occupancy Using Smart Meters
- Ralph Nader’s Viewpoint on Smart Meters: A “Step Toward Technological Despotism”
- When Smart Meters Get Hacked: The Nightmare Scenario
- Smart Meters Can Be Hacked to Order a Power Blackout
- Smart Meters Increase the Risk of Fires!
- Smart Meter Fires Spread to Nevada: “Be Very Aware, Very Vigilant” Says Fire Chief
- Smart Meter Failures a ‘Catastrophe’ in Saskatchewan
- Analog Meters Withstand “Hot Sockets” Better Than Smart Meters
- Smart Meter Privacy Invasions Are Not Justified in a Democratic Society
- Arizona Smart Meters Not Established as Safe
- Published Article: Symptom Development from Exposure to Wireless Smart Meters